The end of fall semester hit me like a ton of bricks, and I’m sad to say that I fell behind on my blog! I’m hoping that as the spring comes I’ll find more time to travel…I already have a … Continue reading
It’s been almost a week since my last trip, but I just haven’t been able to find the time to write about it! I’m finally taking a break from schoolwork to write this up, because it was just too fun … Continue reading
1. Having dreams where you’re back in your old city, in your old apartment, and everything is exactly the way it way — and then waking up and realizing that, at least for now, that chapter of your life is closed.
2. Occasionally messing up your speech patterns and using strange syntax because your brain is, in many ways, still working in the second language and you don’t quite know how to change directions without throwing everything into reverse.
3. The three or four food items that — beyond just being the overall cuisine that you miss — had come to be your diet staples that you don’t really know how to live without anymore.
4. Trying to plan your trip back to go visit all of your friends and realizing that airplane tickets are just as expensive as ever, if not more so.
5. Having to factor in airplane…
View original post 825 more words
“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Alright, time for a post that’s not about Spain 🙂 This past weekend my friend and old Spanish roomie came up for a visit to Boston. We were lucky enough to experience some perfectly wonderful autumn weather while she was … Continue reading
I’m not even quite sure of how to begin this piece on Feria, but I just know that it is deserving of a posting all of its own. Of the five wonderful months that I spent in Sevilla, this is … Continue reading
It’s only right that my first post be about Sevilla, as it is the city that will forever hold my heart. Without the time that I spent in this city and the people that I was fortunate enough to have … Continue reading